Thursday, January 6, 2011

Birthdays!

OK, my youngest daughter turns the big 3 on Saturday and I kinda feel sorry for her that her birthday comes so soon after Christmas.  We all know that it isn't about the presents, but come on, she's 3.  The littlest things make her happy and she asks for "chips and cake" for her birthday, but when it comes to gift ideas that my family have been hounding me for, the response is silence.  I don't really know - she has everything under the sun, she needs.  Remember the day when gift cards didn't exist? Well, I guess now they can be a good thing - she will probably rack them up on Saturday.  Santa and family filled her wish list and there is no way I am giving away MY ideas for her! I mean come on - she's MY daughter - the parents have to get at least one good gift! But unlike her sister who is born in October, she won't have "much" to open up on Saturday morning.  Does she really understand what a gift card is now? Forget the future, when she will love the gift card, she cannot grasp an hour from now, let alone next month or two.  Thankfully she loves everything and people - she loves her family, so that will make her very happy to have them at her party.  Imagine those born on or right after Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment