Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Eat Your Peas Daughter - Quick read, great message!

I love books, so when I joined BookSneeze and the deal was they send you books that you choose, for free, in exchange for a review - any review, good or bad - I was sold! I do choose my books with care though, and "Eat Your Peas Daughter" by Cheryl and Mom Karpen, is a "pretty" looking book. The cover is eye-catching and the paper is textured, thick and heavy - good quality paper that is a necessity for a gift book. It is a book that I have picked up again and again since I received it. I read it to my two daughters, ages 5 & 3; they smile and get all cuddly. The words are so well chosen; the font and the colours are soft and "girly". It is the type of book that you pick up and glance at and think of your daughter(s), think of reading it to them, think of saying it to them, and think of them picking up and reading it through your voice to themselves. It's a tearjerker! (If you let it). This book would make a great gift for a daughter of any age - it will leave you both feeling warm and fuzzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment