Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween!

OK, I just took in all of my Halloween decorations from the pouring rain.  Tomorrow is Halloween and every year we go to my sister;s house and we all go out Trick or Treating together.  I don't want kids wasting precious footsteps to ring on my door and wait, only for no one to answer...
My kids are already discussing Christmas and they haven't even put on their costumes and filled up their buckets with delicious candy yet!?!? Stores used to wait until AFTER Halloween before lining their shelves with Christmas decorations, but this year I have noticed that Captain Retail has decided that they can share the store aisles, and put them both out.  So confusing?!?! Next, we will be giving out Christmas stuff FOR Halloween...
I admit, I have bought some Christmas gifts and even wrapped them the other day because I find that if I wait too long to wrap them all at once, they all end up looking like my 2 year old daughter did it.  No fancy bows, no brightly colored ribbons, heck, sometimes not even a gift tag with the name on it.  They are just thrown into a piece of too small wrapping paper, tape stuck every which way, tears in the paper and 3 pieces of tape trying to hold it all in place, and the name scrawled in black crayon directly on the paper - no "to" or "from" - just the name in bold print. Now all I am hoping for is that I can remember what is inside each one...

No comments:

Post a Comment